NAME: Stuart Conroy
- World Youth Champs: World Team Gold, World Individual Bronze
- European Champs: 4x Team Gold, 3x Team Silver, 1x Team Bronze
- World Champs: 6x Team Gold, 2x Team Silver, 1x Individual Bronze
- Home International: Individual Gold
- La Peche Champion 1998
- British Open Champion 1998
- Match Angler Of The Year 1998
- Angling Trust Champion
- 5x National section winning medals
- Former AT Winter League Champion
- 4x Drennan Super League Team Championships
- Evesham Wychavon Championship Runner up
TEAM: Drennan Northwest
BIGGEST FISH: 26lb Ghost Carp
BEST MATCH WEIGHT: 214lb of F1s
FAVOURITE METHODS: Long pole, waggler
FAVOURITE VENUES: Rudyard Lake, Holme Pierrepont
ANGLING AMBITIONS: To keep winning and continue to really enjoy my fishing
FAVOURITE ITEM OF TACKLE: Acolyte 16m Pole
Stuart started fishing at the tender age of six and enjoyed great success at junior level, winning many matches. At just 12 years of age he was selected to fish his first ever Under 19s World Youth Champs. In Belgium 1985, aged 14, Stuart's England Youth squad won team gold. Four years later Stuart won individual Bronze in Ireland on the River Inny in Mullingar.
Continued success on the open match scene through the 90s, led to his full senior England debut in 1998. Since then Stuart has been privileged and fortunate to have enjoyed a long and very enjoyable International career, with lots of trophies and medals.
Stuart's biggest angling influence is his brother Steve. His favourite angler to watch is his good mate Alan Scotthorne.