Tunnel Barn Farm has been open to the public for over 20 years and boasts thousands of fish including many varieties of carp, chub, tench, bream, barbel, roach, ide, perch and gudgeon.
With over 300 pegs to choose from, plus designated disabled pegs, there is plenty of scope for a day's fishing.
There is also an onsite tackle shop and an excellent café and clubhouse that provides breakfast and food throughout the day.
- High (51 pegs) – The newest and the largest pool on the complex, open since 2012. Similar to New pool but deeper and up to 8ft in places. There is a ledge on the islands at 3ft and a ledge in the margins at around 3ft. The pool is well stocked with F1s, carp and barbel plus plenty of silverfish.
- New (45 pegs) – One of the main match pools, New is a snake-style lake with a number of islands to fish to between 10m and 16m away. The pool is well stocked with F1 and F2 carp, chub, tench, roach, perch, carp, barbel, ide and bream. There are some big fish in this pool in excess of 20lb, but the main target is the f1 carp which go up to 4.5lb. There are also big perch in here up to 4lb and chub up to 2lb. An ideal pool for pleasure and match fishing.
- Extension (39 pegs) – A really popular main match pool that holds a lot of quality F1s up to 4lb plus a good head of silverfish. Most pegs have an island between 10m and 16m away. This lake is also home to some surprisingly large mirror, common and ghost carp.
- House (34 pegs) – One of the oldest pools on the complex and home to plenty of F1 carp, common carp, mirror carp, roach, bream, tench, chub, perch and orfe. Match weights in summer regularly go over the 150lb mark. There is also a large island in this lake that can be tackled with a bomb or small Method Feeder. Don't ignore fishing really close in, however, as this tactic catches loads of fish on the entire venue.
- Bottom (34 pegs) – Dug over 20 years ago Bottom Pool is the oldest lake on teh complex and very picturesque. The largest carp live in this pool with fish in excess of 30lb possible and plenty between 10lb and 25lb. The pool also holds F1s, bream, tench, chub, roach, perch, barbel and crucian carp. The best baits tend to be pellet, corn and meat.
- Top (35 pegs) – The second pool dug at Tunnel Barn and therefore well matured with a rich stocking of all species. There are a number of islands to fish to including a sunken one! The 'bowl' is always a hot area but there are so many features to choose from that the fish are always well spread.
- Club (24 pegs) – As the name suggests, this lake is ideal for clubs with smaller numbers as they can generally book the whole pool. All pegs have an island to fish to at 13m. There is an almost even split of carp and F1s in this lake, plus lots of other species to keep you busy. There are also a number of pegs suitable for disabled anglers.
- Canal (24 pegs) – Like ClubPool, the Canal was specially designed for the smaller clubs andl holds 24 pegs. All pegs on this pool have an island to fish to at 10m to 14m range. Similarly stocked to Club Pool with carp, F1s and lots of silverfish to target. There are also a number of pegs suitable for disabled anglers.
- Jennys (27 pegs) – Open since 2010, Jennys has a central island that almost all the pegs can reach with between 12m and 16m of pole. The lake is well stocked with mirrors, ghosties, commons, bream, F1s to 4lb, barbel, roach, skimmers and tench. The average depth is 5.5ft and there is a ledge on the island at 3ft all the way round.
Species: Carp, F1s, goldfish, barbel, tench, chub, bream, ide, roach, perch and gudgeon
- Breakfast and food available throughout the day
- Food can also be delivered to your peg if required
- Accommodation available, including two luxury log cabins, 4-person and 2-person caravans
Day Ticket Prices:
- Adult: £9
- OAPs & Concessions: £7
- Half day (from 3pm): £6
Rules: Please consult the fishery
PLEASE NOTE: The above information is subject to change. Please contact the fishery for the most up to date prices, opening times, rules and other information.