Docklow Pools is a quiet and beautiful fishery set in 110 acres of countryside in the north of Herefordshire, near the borders of Shropshire and Worcestershire.
Eleven picturesque fishing lakes cater for all types of angler. Whether it's pole fishing for silvers, rod and line fishing for carp or trying to hook into a specimen on the Major Bill, there is plenty on offer. Docklow Pools also proudly offers first-class fishing on the nearby River Wye, River Teme and River Lugg.
A vast array of great accommodation and facilities are on site, including the Fisherman's Arms bar and restaurant situated in a 17th Century farmhouse.
There is also a very well stocked tackle shop situated on-site to cater for all your needs.
- Mickey Mouse – Possibly the oldest commercial pool in the country, dating back to 1972! Most regulars regard the Mickey Mouse as Docklow's best lake. This 40-peg lake is full of character and full of fish! Carp, chub, ide, barbel, roach, skimmers and big perch are all swimming in this lake waiting to be caught.
- Match Pool – A beautiful lake which has been established since 1978. As well as carp to double figures it has a strong head of silvers, including quality roach, chub, barbel and bream. 30 pegs and ideal for the pole, waggler or feeder.
- Moby Dick – A well-established 35-peg day ticket pool for everyone to enjoy. Great pool for the pleasure angler and beginner. Stocked with carp to over 20lb, bream, chub, barbel, roach and rudd.
- Figure Of Eight – Another day ticket pool with 15 pegs and particularly ideal for float fishing.
- Farmer Jack – A favourite for members of Docklow and residents and solid with fish! This 45 peg lake responds to all methods and contains carp as well as plenty of chub, barbel, rudd, roach and ide.
- Snake – A pole angler's paradise varying from 9m to 14m wide. This lake has now been split in half with the first set of pegs predominately carp, F1s and bigger fish and the later pegs mostly silvers and tench.
- Stock Pond – A mature, secluded and very picturesque float-only lake for members and residents. It holds a high stocking of carp, F1s and silverfish to ensure plenty of bites throughout the year.
- Tench Pool – For members and residents only, this attractive eight-peg lake contains with lots and lots of fabulous tench to 6lb!
- Major Bill – This 7 acre specimen pool has 16 spacious swims and is for residents and members. It is known to hold catfish to 70lb+, grass carp to 31lb, commons and mirrors to 30lb+
Species: Carp, barbel, tench, bream, chub, ide, eels, roach, perch and catfish
- Tackle shop open from 8am to 5pm Monday to Saturday and 8am to 1pm on Sundays
Day Ticket Prices:
- Day Tickets available for Mickey Mouse, Figure Of Eight and Moby Dick lakes
- One rod: £5
- Two rods: £7
Opening Times: Please consult the fishery
Rules: Please consult the fishery
PLEASE NOTE: The above information is subject to change. Please contact the fishery for the most up to date prices, opening times, rules and other information.